Tuesday, February 9, 2010

unemployment by numbers....

idea shamelessly stolen from my writer friend brodi ...(brodiashton.blogspot.com)...


number of months/days umemployed: 6 months, 21 days

number of tears shed (for both good AND bad reasons): countless

number of job interviews in the past 5 months: 0

number of job interviews in the past 5 days: 4

number of loaves of bread delivered to my porch: lots

number of acts of service/kindness done for my family: countless

number of applications sent in: between 1000 and 1500

number of interviews resulting from applications sent: 2

number of networking emails sent from kyle to everyone: 1000's

number of books read to escape from my reality: many

number of hours spent praying/pleading/crying: countless

number of porta potties plunged by kyle: trying to forget that number

number of new spanish words learned on a hot roof in july: 16

number of days spent in bed (by me) feeling sorry for myself: 1

number of coupons used: 134

number of 25 pound bags of flour used during unemployment: 3

number of hours since we found out kyle had a new job: 10

number of days til he starts his new job: 1

number of times i called him back today to see if it was true: 4

number of exclamation points grace texted me back
with when she found out kyle had a job: 12

number of feelings of gratitude in our heart: countless

14 comments:

janae said...

I am just so happy for you guys!! Like I said good things come to good people and you guys are the best!!

The Johnson's said...

YAHOO! I can't say that loud and big enough! SOOOOO happy for all of you!

stacy said...

yippee!

Stephie said...

You just made my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TIME for real!!!!

Libbi said...

SUPER NEWS!!! So happy for you all!

Laura said...

Pack those lunches and iron those shirts... he's back to work!

6deans said...

That is SOOOO exciting. Now after things settle down and you guys catch your breath I think you need another trip to the beach to celebrate...since the last beach trip you came home to unemployment. Good idea don't you think? YAHOO :)

Wendy C said...

Absolutely thrilled! Hugs all around for how all of you have supported each other and worked hard and kept the faith! You are great examples to all of us! Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

samandbrodi said...

Rock and Roll Kyle. That is fabulous.

The "K" in JKD said...

I am glad to hear it!!! You have constantly been in my prayers! I am a little teary just typing this. Bless you for enduring this trial. You are great people!

Amy said...

I love good news!

Steph Bruce said...

This is just the best news ever! I am so excited for you. Thank you for your example through this trial!

stephanie h said...

YAY!!!! YAY!!!! YAY!!!!

Totally made my day!

Tricia said...

The BEST news of the day! Awesome! =)