Friday, December 9, 2011

when you leave 17 (& 18 yr old boys) home alone...

This is what happens....


...When the boys are left home alone.

That WAS my basement bathroom sink.

Porcelain in granite.  They thought it would be FUNNY (and fun?)
to put a fire cracker in the sink.  And then see what would happen.

(Well, I could have told them if only they had asked!
Which they didn't....ask that is!)

Well, firecrackers and porcelain sinks don't mix....obviously.

The one good thing was that there WERE tampons under the sink
to catch all the water the spilled all over the bathroom when the
sink blew up.

Sigh...17 year old (and 18 year old) boys.

WHAT ARE they thinking????

I'm trying to decide if I want to laugh or cry...probably a little of both.
But mostly laugh...we've made it a LONG time, and a LOT of
explosions with no incidents.  It could have been an arm, or
an eye, or worse.

Next time, I've instructed them to blow up my kitchen sink which
I hate.

P.S.  I must add it was NOT my son, but a friend.

2 comments:

janae said...

I can't believe this!! The picture says it all. Good thing you have handy man for a husband:)

nielsons*love*family said...

bad thing--it was a $200 fix.
feel bad for the kid that has to pay. that will teach HIM to never light a firecracker in a sink again!! (hopefully!)