Friday, May 14, 2010

the list

in following with the whole mothers day theme,
i meant to post my Top Ten reasons "why i love being a mom list" on monday....Letterman style.

it's friday, lets just say it's been a week. And lets also just say, when you're a mom EVERY DAY is "Mothers Day!" Right? Right! So technically I am not late.

so here they are... (the list is a tad bit sarcastic once again, read with a grain of salt-you may find some salt in my sheets if you need it.)

#10. i love climbing into bed at night, snuggling into my sheets, only to realize it was "movie night" for the little girls in our bed. Meaning in the sheets i am also snuggling with popcorn crumbs, spilled drinks, and possibly (if i am REALLY lucky that day) clipped toenails.

#9. i LOVE carpools and making lunches. A LOT!

#8. i love cleaning up vomit out of my bed and hair after the children FIRST run to my room to let me know they are "going to throw up"! (how many times do i have to tell them to just "RUN TO THE BATHROOM!"??)

#7. i love sitting in the blazing sun or freezing snow/rain/sleet during any given season to watch them play some sporting event.

#6. i love loading and unloading the dishwasher 20 times a day. (ok it FEELS like it!)

#5. i LOVE making school lunches, driving carpools. (oh did i mention that already? I must realllllly love it).

#4. love doing the jobs of 12 different people everyday without pay, or thanks, or recognition.

#3. i love repeating 1st and 5th and 7th grade homework again. (i would say 10th-but josh passed up my intelligence somewhere around 6th grade--he's on his own now! and doing just fine i might add!)


#2. i love having no "me" time.

and the #1. thing i love about being a mom?
MY KIDS!!

...and ALL the a fore mentioned things.

i wouldn't trade ANY of it (even carpools and lunches) for a million dollars! So to the vomit in my hair?? popcorn and toenails in my bed??
I say, loud and clear, BRING IT ON BABY! BRING.IT.ON!

So...what's on YOUR list?? You know, the things YOU wouldn't trade for a million dollars?






No comments: