Wednesday, August 11, 2010

you know its time for summer to end when....

1. no amount of duct tape can be used to bind, tape, entertain, or bride my children anymore.


2. even going to the pool is "boring" now.


3. their whining begins at 10 a.m.


4. my whining begins at 10:01 a.m.


5. i'm inventing reasons to go to the grocery store, alone, without my kids.
("i'm pretty sure we may run out of milk at some point this week, let me go check and see if Harmon's still sells milk, cuz they may not, you never know.")


6. i don't drink alcohol, but if i did--i would have been driven to the bottle this past week. diet dr. pepper is no longer strong enough to calm my nerves or soothe my soul.


7. 7 hours alone every day, 5 days a week, is starting to sound like a small slice of heaven to me.


8. the ends of my girls hair has turned a slightly yellowish/blondish/greenish/just plain ugly-ish color from all the chlorine in the swimming pool.


9. i find myself looking forward to a schedule (not carpool, just a schedule).


10. ...and finally, my kids are ready! they are excited to head back to school in a week and a half. what can i say?


it's been a good summer, albeit exceptionally long this year for some reason, but we're ready for the next leg of the race....school here we come!

2 comments:

The Johnson's said...

I agree with all of the above! It's time.

6deans said...

Yep I am ready for a little structure back in our lives. Summer has been grand but I can't wait for Fall.